Priority Services is the new name for our Warm Response Service.
We want to provide the right support for you and your household when it comes to your energy account. Our Priority Services may be able to give you free help when it comes to your communication, safety and access needs.
Our Priority Services include:
- Bills and other communications in audio, large print or Braille.
- Minicom or textphone service to make contacting us easier.
- A password scheme – to give you peace of mind and to help protect you from cold callers. If we need to visit your home, we will use a password of your choice so you can verify our identity.
- Regular meter readings if you, and everyone in your household, is unable to read your meter.
- An interpreter can be arranged for when you call us if English isn't your first language.
- Nominate someone – such as a relative or carer – to receive your correspondence and bills if you need a little extra help to check them.
- Meter move – we can move your pre-payment meter free of charge if you or anyone in your home can't access it.
- Knock and wait service, which gives you more time to answer the door if we need to visit your home.
With your consent, we'll also share your needs information with network companies in case you require help if there's a loss of your gas or electricity supply.
Please complete our online Priority Services application form.
Free Gas Safety Check
We can give you a free yearly check on your gas appliances if you're eligible and haven’t had one in the last 12 months. It doesn't replace the need for regular servicing, but gives you extra peace of mind.
To be eligible, you need to be on means-tested benefits and live in a house where at least one occupant is:
- Under five years old; or
- is of pensionable age, disabled or chronically sick and either lives alone; or
- lives with others who are all of pensionable age, disabled, chronically sick or under 18
Rent your home?
Your landlord will need to arrange your gas safety inspection.
For more information and to find out what services are available, contact Priority Services on 0808 172 6999 or textphone 0800 413 016 (View opening times and call charge information).