We're restarting meter readings
As lockdown measures start to ease, our meter readers are getting back to work and in the next few weeks we’ll be visiting homes in your area.
If you don’t want us to visit your home at this time, please send us an up-to-date meter reading.
Meter reading and coronavirus - things we need to know
- Is anyone self-isolating at your home?
- Does anyone in your home have any underlying health issues, or do you believe they/you are at an increased risk should they/you contract coronavirus?
- Has anyone tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) in the last four weeks?
We want to ensure that both you and our meter readers are kept safe, so if the answer is yes to any of the above, please contact us.
Health and safety - what you can expect on the day
All our meter readers are working in line with the relevant government recommendations, for example:
- If we have your number, they’ll ring before visiting to check that everyone is well and it’s safe to visit. If anyone is shielding or ill they won’t come into your property.
- They'll follow hygiene guidelines (regular hand washing and/or using alcohol based hand sanitiser).
- They'll read your meter following social distancing measures. They’ll only enter your property where we need to do so, and they’ll ask you to move to another room in the house to ensure we are following the two-metre rule.
- They’ll ask you to open all doors and cupboards where possible so they can easily access your meter.
- They will wear appropriate protective equipment, including a face visor, and they will wipe down any areas that they come into contact with.
- They’ll constantly review their own health, according to government guidance, to ensure they won’t visit you if they should be self-isolating.