Priority Services is the new name for our Warm Response Service.
Our Priority Services may be able to help provide support for you and your household when it comes to your energy account. We can offer free services including help with your communication, safety and access needs. You may be eligible to register for Priority Services if you or someone in your household is of pensionable age, disabled, has a long term illness or if there are children under five.
We also recognise that you might need extra support because of life changing events such as a relationship breakdown, losing a job, a bereavement, or if you’re affected by a short-term illness.
Our Priority Services include:
- Bills and other communications in audio CD, large print or Braille.
- Minicom or textphone service to make contacting us easier.
- A password scheme – to give you peace of mind and to help protect you from cold callers. If we need to visit your home, we will use a password of your choice so you can verify our identity.
- Regular meter readings if you, and everyone in your household, is unable to read your meter.
- An interpreter can be arranged for when you call us if English isn't your first language.
- Nominate someone – such as a relative or carer – to receive your correspondence and bills if you need a little extra help to check them.
- Meter move – we can move your pre-payment meter free of charge if you or anyone in your home can't access it.
- Knock and wait service, which gives you more time to answer the door if we need to visit your home.
With your consent, we may also share your needs information with network companies in case you require help if there's a loss of your gas or electricity supply.
You can change your consent settings at any time - just tell us via live chat, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you can call us on 0800 073 3000. We’re open Monday to Friday 8.00am to 8.00pm and Saturdays 8.00am to 6.00pm. Or if you’re hard of hearing, please use textphone 0800 413 016.
Phone calls: We may monitor and/or record calls for security, quality or training purposes. Calling us on an 0800 number should be free from all mobiles and generally free from all landlines.Close dialog window
The PSR promise
The PSR Promise is made by all participating energy companies in England, Wales and Scotland. We promise to only share your details, as agreed with you, with our trusted partners or parties, to help us to provide services which meet your extra communication, access or safety needs.
The PSR promiseClose Button
- The Priority Services Register (PSR) is free to join. It helps energy companies* like us to look after customers who have extra communication, access or safety needs. It helps us tailor our services to support households who may need extra help.
- The PSR promise is made by all participating energy companies in England, Wales and Scotland. We promise to only share details as agreed with you, about your personal situation with our trusted partners / parties** so they can tailor their services to help you.
- By sharing your details with trusted partners / parties, you’ll get extra support when you need it. For example, some customers depending upon their circumstances may be given priority if there is a power cut. We will always follow privacy laws and your PSR information will never be used for marketing.
- Once you’ve joined, you may be contacted to make sure your details are accurate and up to date. This will make sure we can give you the best support for your needs.
- If anything about your situation changes you can tell your energy company and they’ll update your details. If you don’t want to be on the PSR anymore, just ask to be removed and they’ll do this for you.
- If you want to know more about the PSR, speak to your energy company, or you can visit their website.
*Energy companies include gas and electricity suppliers, the networks companies who transport energy to your home and meter operators.
** Partners / parties include trusted charities such as the British Red Cross, who may assist during incident situations to support companies in safeguarding you and the other household members.
Have you considered also registering with your water company who may offer similar support services?
Free Gas Safety Check
We can give you a free yearly check on your gas appliances if you're eligible and haven’t had one in the last 12 months. It doesn't replace the need for regular servicing, but gives you extra peace of mind.
To be eligible, you need to be on means-tested benefits and live in a house where at least one occupant is:
- Under five years old; or
- is of pensionable age, disabled or chronically sick and either lives alone; or
- lives with others who are all of pensionable age, disabled, chronically sick or under 18
Rent your home?
Your landlord may need to arrange your gas safety inspection.
For more information and to find out what services are available, contact Priority Services on 0808 172 6999 or textphone 0800 413 016 ( View opening times and call charge information).
Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 5pm
Opening times and call charge information
Phone calls: We may monitor and/or record calls for security, quality or training purposes. Calls to 0800 and 0808 numbers should be free from all mobiles and generally free from all landlines.
Calls to 0330 numbers will cost you no more than 01 or 02 numbers from landlines or mobiles.
If you get ‘inclusive minutes’ with your package, calls to 0330 numbers will be part of these.Close dialog window