We’re committed to providing a quality service to our customers. As part of this, we welcome the introduction of a new licence condition relating to the backbilling of energy customers.
This means that when we issue a bill, we can only look to recover charges for the electricity or gas (or both) used in the last 12 months, unless:
- the bill was sent before 1 May 2018, in which case we will always ensure you are not asked to pay any more for charges over 12 months (in line with previous backbilling commitments with Energy UK), or
- we’ve already issued a bill and are in contact with you about payment of previously billed charges, or
- you behave in an obstructive or unreasonable way (for example you do not allow us access to your meter(s) to read them without good reason, or you are behaving unlawfully by stealing electricity or gas, or where you own your meter you fail to keep it in proper working order), or
- any other circumstances specified by Ofgem
This is our continued commitment to protecting our customers in line with the Energy UK Code of Practice for Accurate Bills.
Energy UK Code of Practice for Accurate Bills
Find out what you can expect from us about your bills and statements and also what you can do to make sure that you receive the right bill at the right time.
As a member of Energy UK’s Billing Code, we’re committed to the highest standards
We’re proud to be a member of the Billing Code as part of our commitment to providing you with the best possible service. We’ve signed up to this voluntary code to give you more confidence in the accuracy of your energy bills, making it easier than ever for you to take control of your energy use and costs.
As a subscriber to the Billing Code, we are thoroughly audited to ensure we are compliant in the following areas:
- Meter reading
- Energy bills and statements
- Back Billing
For more information, you can visit Energy UK.Close dialog window