How do I report a loss of gas supply?
Is it a problem with your meter?
If you’ve lost your supply and believe it’s related to your meter and not the network, call the npower team on 0800 073 3000. We're open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm on Saturday.
If you’re calling outside of these times, please call our emergency metering team on 0800 048 0540 and we will be here to help you.
Issues could include leaking gas meters, or your meter not working.
If you smell gas call National Grid's Gas Emergency Service Freephone number 0800 111 999 – from a landline at a different property or using a mobile phone, away from the leak.
- Turn off the gas meter by turning the valve at right angles to the gas pipe
- Open all windows and doors and keep them open until the leak is repaired
- Don't smoke or use electrical switches, matches or naked flames
- Call the National Grid Emergency Line 0800 111 999
- Make sure someone's at home when the emergency engineer arrives
- Call the Fire Service on 999 if fire breaks out
Phone calls: We may monitor and/or record calls for security, quality or training purposes. Calling us on a 0800 number should be free from all mobiles and generally free from all landlines.