Estimating your gas bill
- Subtract the previous meter reading (obtained from your last bill) from the current reading on your meter.
- Multiply the result by 2.83 to obtain the volume used in cubic metres. This step is not required for customers with a metric (m3) gas meter(s).
- Multiply this number by the calorific value* shown on your invoice in MJ/m3.
- Multiply the result by the meter correction factor shown on your invoice.
- Divide the result by 3.6 to obtain the number of kilowatt hours (kWh) used.
- Multiply this number by the pence per kWh rate to obtain the approximate cost of gas you have used.
* Please note that this calculation is only a guide for estimate purposes as calorific values change on a monthly basis. The amount stated on your gas bill is definitive.