I wanted to change business energy supplier but npower has objected to me leaving. Why is this?

We're sorry to hear that you’re thinking of leaving us. There are a number of reasons why this may have happened:

  • We haven’t received a valid notice of termination from you. If you want to leave us, you must give us at least 30 days’ notice. If you’re on a fixed-term contract, you can’t leave us until the end of your contract.
  • Your new supplier has applied to take the supply before the end of your contract with us.
  • Your new supplier hasn’t tried to register all the related metering points for your business premises.
  • Our records tell us there’s an outstanding debt on your account.

We’ll have explained this fully in our letter to you, along with details of what you need to do.

If you’d like to talk to us about resolving our objection, please call us on 0845 166 3604 (8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday).