I would like a third party Energy Broker or Consultant to manage my business energy supply with npower on my behalf, how do I ensure that this happens?

If you want a third party agent (Broker or Consultant) to act on your behalf, you will need to send / email a Letter of Authority. This is to ensure that we protect your personal data and do not share your information with anyone you haven’t authorised us to.

Please contact us in the first instance, 80% of queries can be resolved at the first point of contact so you may find that you don’t need to involve a third party.

The Letter of Authority must:

  • be written in English and easily understood
  • be dated within the last 12 months
  • state the name of the signatory and their registered business name, address and company number or, in the case of a sole trader, their business name and address
  • be signed in writing by the customer (decision-maker)
  • set out clearly the rights given to the third party
  • state whether it is for gas and/or electricity
  • clearly state who the customer is delegating their authority to.

It can be valid for maximum of 36 months or for the duration of the current contract.