Our payment options and details

Payment preferences will have been part of your initial contract discussions. If you wish to change your agreed payment method, please contact us.

Direct Debit

If you pay by Direct Debit, no further action is required to pay your invoice. The amount due will be debited from your account automatically on – or immediately after – the due date.

If you would like to pay by Direct Debit, please contact us.

Automated payments

For BACS, CHAPS or Faster Payments, please send to:

Electricity payments:
National Westminster Bank plc, PO Box 34, 15 Bishopsgate, London EC2P 2AP
Sort Code: 50-00-00
Account: 97104000
Account name: Npower Ltd

Gas payments:
National Westminster Bank plc, PO Box 34, 15 Bishopsgate, London EC2P 2AP
Sort Code: 50-00-00
Account: 71023909
Account name: Npower Commercial Gas Ltd

By post

Please send your cheque made payable to Npower Ltd, along with your payment slip, to:

Npower Ltd, PO Box 209, I&C Payment Processing Centre, Wetherby Road, Scarcroft, Leeds, LS14 3WX

Cheques should be sent in time to clear before the due date.

Struggling to pay?

If you are struggling to pay your invoice, we want to help, so please contact us as soon as possible.

The following organisations can provide free, impartial and confidential advice on debt and cash-flow issues to small businesses and the self employed:

Business Debtline: 0800 197 6026 or bdl.org.uk

StepChange: 0800 138 111 or stepchange.org

How to request a refund if your account is in credit

If you believe your account is in credit or you have been notified by us and you wish to arrange a refund, please email your request to yourbusiness@npower.com.

Please include your account number and the amount you wish to be refunded. If you pay by Direct Debit, bank card or BACs, the refund will be made to the corresponding bank account and will take a minimum of 28 working days. If you pay by cash or cheque, the refund will be made by cheque and will take a minimum of 32 working days.

Please note, if you have multiple accounts and some are in debit, a refund may not be agreed.

If you have any questions, please contact our Credit Control Team.

VAT information and codes for businesses

VAT declaration certificates and Climate Change Levy (CCL)

As a business customer, if you want to declare that a percentage of your energy is used for domestic, charitable, or diplomatic purposes - or there is a change in your circumstances which affects your declaration and the VAT you pay - please contact Customer Services.

If your business qualifies for a reduced VAT rate, fill in our VAT declaration form for electricity or VAT declaration form for gas and either email or post it to us (information can be found in our declaration forms). We will make sure the reduced rate is applied to your invoice.

CCL may be applied to your account as a result of current legislation. Where CCL has been shown, this invoice will constitute a CCL accounting document.


If part of your electricity supply qualifies for VAT reduction (i.e. domestic, residential or non-business charitable use), you should complete a certificate declaring the qualifying percentage. You must provide a revised certificate if there is any change in your circumstances which would affect the qualifying percentage.

All charges are identified by one of the following codes for VAT purposes.

  • DEM - Under de minimis kWh
  • DFR - Domestic Fuel Rate
  • DOM - Composite Rate
  • EXP - Exempt OUT - Outside the Scope
  • STD - Standard Rate
  • ZER - Zero Rate

How to request a copy of your invoice

To request a copy of an invoice, please contact us with the following details:

  • Your account number
  • The name of your business
  • Invoice number(s) (if known)
  • Date of invoice(s)

How to know if you are a microbusiness and what that means for your invoices.

What is a microbusiness?

Ofgem defines a microbusiness customer* as "a consumer supplied or requiring to be supplied with gas or electricity at premises other than domestic premises, who:

consumes less than 293,000 kWh of gas a year


consumes less than 100,000 kWh of electricity a year
has fewer than ten employees (or their full-time equivalent) and an
annual turnover or annual balance sheet total not exceeding €2 million

If your business meets at least one of the above criteria then you are a microbusiness customer.

A business only has to meet one of these three criteria to qualify as a microbusiness customer, although the consumption threshold applies to the fuel being supplied.

*As set out in article 2(1) of the Gas and Electricity Regulated Providers (Redress Scheme) Order 2008 (S.I.2008/2268).

Back-invoicing of microbusiness energy customers

We are committed to providing a quality service to our customers. As part of this, we welcome the introduction of a new licence condition, relating to the back-invoicing of energy for microbusiness customers.

This means that when we issue an invoice, we can only look to recover charges for electricity or gas (or both) used in the last 12 months, unless:

  • the invoice was sent before 1 November 2018, in which case we will always ensure that the amount you pay for charges is no more than you would have paid if we had invoiced you within the 12 months (in line with previous back-invoicing commitments with Energy UK), or
  • we have already issued an invoice and are in contact with you about payment of such invoice, or
  • you behave in an obstructive or manifestly unreasonable way (for example by not allowing us access to read your meter without good reason, or by stealing electricity or gas, or, where you own your meter, by failing to keep it in proper working order), or
  • we are allowed to do otherwise in accordance with additional rights and guidance specified by Ofgem.

This is our continued commitment to protecting customers.

To read more about Energy UK, visit the Energy UK website.