Unmetered supplies

Powered items such as traffic signals, streetlights or outside advertising may be unmetered. In these cases, the energy usage is calculated.


Unmetered supplies (UMS) must be recognised by a UMS certificate which is issued by your Distribution Network Operator (DNO).

Contact our specialist UMS team if you require more information regarding this process, or if you want an unmetered supply to be registered as a new connection to the grid. We can also arrange a UMS renewal offer or arrange for your unmetered supply to be moved to npower.


Call us on

0800 072 8606

Lines are open:

Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 5pm.

View call charge information

Not got time now?

Call me back

Prefer not to call?

You can email us:


You might also be interested in:

Fixed Purchasing

An easy, transparent way to secure your electricity and gas supply at a fixed rate for the duration of your contract.

Flexible Purchasing

Flexible purchasing allows you to take advantage of price changes in the energy market

Energy HQ

Energy HQ – Everything an energy professional would need ‘under one roof’