What is a boiler service?
A boiler service is a manual inspection of your boiler.
A qualifiedÂ plumber or engineer will inspect your boiler for any potential faults or issues and service particular parts within it.
This helps keep your boiler running smoothly, safely and efficiently with a boiler service.
â€˜Boiler service’ vs â€˜boiler repairâ€™ vs â€˜boiler coverâ€™
A boiler service helps to prevent break downs and are usually carried out once a year.
Unless youâ€™re a landlord, itâ€™s not compulsory to service your boiler every year. However, annual boiler servicing does help to catch any potential issues to keep your boiler in great condition and helps avoid total breakdowns.
Youâ€™ll normally need boiler repair when youâ€™re experiencing problems with your boiler, for example, when youâ€™ve got no hot water or heating.
Boiler cover is like insurance for your boiler. Similar to mobile phone insurance, you can get your boiler covered and you can normally* choose to pay the excess for repair jobs carried out.
How often should you get your boiler serviced?
Boiler manufacturers recommend that you get your boiler serviced once a year, to help keep it running efficiently and safely.
Booking an annual boiler service with a qualified engineer is one of the best ways to ensure your boiler works efficientlyÂ and identify any issues that could pose a potential safety risk.
What does a boiler service include?
If youâ€™re wondering whatâ€™s done in a boiler service, hereâ€™s what a boiler service typically consist of:
- A Gas pressure check
- Checking for any signs of corrosion or leaking around the inside and outside of your boiler
- Toxic emissions check to see if gasses like carbon monoxide are being released into your home
- Checking that all controls are working safely and effectively
- Checking that all internal parts are clean and safe
- If you have a condensing boiler, the engineer will remove and clean the condense trap
- If you have a boiler where the cover can’t be removed, the engineer will do a Flue Gas Analysis test to check how much carbon monoxide is being pumped out of the device
Ready to get your boiler serviced this year?
We have a range of boiler and central heating cover packages in partnership with Allianz. Some include an annual boiler service as well as breakdown cover should any problems arise.
Call 020 8603 9427 now to speak to one of our friendly advisors.
*Terms and Conditions of your policy apply.
For more information, check out ourÂ comprehensive guide to boiler servicing.