The great Smart meter switchover is well underway. We’re currently working our way around the country as part of the national upgrade programme. So, if you want to be the first to hear when we’ll be coming to your local area, why not register your interest today?
Getting your Smart meter installed sooner rather than later won’t just save you time and energy – it could also save you money. Keep reading to find out all about the benefits of getting your Smart meter installed.
Why switch to a Smart meter?
- A Smart meter will bring you clarity, control and convenience when it comes to managing your energy more efficiently.
- Meter readings will happen automatically and you’ll only be charged for the gas and electricity you use – meaning no more estimated bills*
- As well as showing you how much energy you’re using, your Smart meter will show you how much it’s costing you in pounds and pence.
- Switching on appliances will show you what impact they’re having on your energy bills – so you could find new ways to save money.
- Smart meters encourage you to be more energy conscious and make small changes that can have a big impact on how much gas and electricity you use.
- By not wasting as much energy, you’ll be helping the environment by reducing carbon emissions. This ultimately helps tackle climate change.
Register your interest in 3 simple steps
Joining our Smart meter priority list is simple:
- Head over to our dedicated Smart webpage and click on “Register your interest”.
- Follow the steps on the screen to join the priority list for your area.
- We’ll get back to you to arrange an installation appointment when we roll out Smart meters in your area.
* You’ll only receive an estimated bill if there’s a problem collecting or processing a reading. Generally the only time we’ll need to visit you is when we’re required to carry out a routine safety check.