Tasteless, odourless and silent. An invisible killer could be hiding in your home.
According to our annual research into carbon monoxide (CO) – more than a third of UK homes don’t currently have a CO alarm installed. And, less than 5% of the population can identify the most common symptoms of CO poisoning.
To increase awareness of the dangers of CO, we asked a group of little ones to get their crayons out and imagine what the CO monster might really look like (if it wasn’t invisible).
Check out what happened next in the video below – and keep reading to find out how you can be in with a chance of winning a Nest Protect prize bundle.
How to enter our #COMonster art competition
We’ve joined forces with our friends over at Nest to create the ultimate Carbon Monoxide Awareness Month competition.
Simply share your child’s carbon monoxide monster design on Twitter using the hashtag: #COMonster for the chance to take home 1 of 15 bespoke prize bundles.
Each prize bundle includes:
1 x Nest Protect smart smoke and carbon monoxide detector worth £109
1 x Professional poster-sized print of your child’s winning drawing
Entries close on 30/11/17 and winners will be announced by 02/12/17 – good luck!
Nest Protect: expect more from your smoke alarm
The new Nest Protect has been redesigned from the inside out. It has an industrial-grade smoke sensor, tests itself automatically and has can detect CO for up to a decade.
It’s also the first home alarm you can silence from your phone without any extra hardware required. And just like the original Nest Protect, it tells you what’s wrong and can even alert your phone.
npower Carbon Monoxide Monsters Competition Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter of this Competition (the “Competition”) is Npower Limited, whose registered office is at Windmill Hill Business Park, Whitehill Way, Swindon, SN5 6PB, registered in England and Wales with Company No. 3653277 (“npower”). npower is a trademark of Npower Limited and other associated companies.
2. The Competition is open to all UK residents, aged 16 years or over. Proof of age may be required. Employees, and immediate family members of employees, of npower and other companies associated with the Competition may not enter this Competition.
3. There is no charge to enter this Competition. By entering into this Competition, participants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”).
4. Entry to the Competition will be granted to anyone who responds (direct messages on Facebook or @ mentions @npowerhq) to the Tweet and shares their child’s drawing of a “COMonster” on the competition related post on the npower official Twitter feed or the npower official Facebook page between 09:00 BST on 06.11.17 until 22:59 BST on 30.11.17.
5. Only one entry per person. Anyone found to be using multiple accounts to enter the Competition will be disqualified. Entries must not be sent through agents or third parties.
6. npower does not accept responsibility for network, computer hardware or software failures of any kind which may restrict or delay entry into the Competition.
7. (A) Fifteen winners will be selected to win a Nest Protect Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Detector. The winners will be chosen based on npower pre-agreed eligibility criteria, and at the discretion of npower. There is no cash alternative to the Prize (or any part thereof) and, unless agreed otherwise in writing, the Prize is non-transferable.
8. npower reserves the right to substitute the Prize, or any part of it, for an offer of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond npower’s control.
9. npower’s decision is at its sole discretion and is final and legally binding on all participants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these Terms and Conditions will be disqualified.
10. Winners will be notified via Twitter or Facebook within seven days of winning the Prize and will be required to send npower a direct message containing their contact details (telephone or email address) to confirm where they would like the prize delivered to. If npower does not receive a reply within 3 days, npower reserves the right to re-award the Prize to another participant.
11. If a selected winner is unable, for whatever reason, to accept the Prize within 3 days, then npower reserves the right to re-award the Prize to another participant in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
12. npower accepts no liability for any undelivered, lost, mislaid or delayed Prizes.
13. By participating in the Competition, participants agree to release and hold npower and its group and affiliated companies, together with their respective employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with participating in the Competition or resulting from their acceptance or use of the Prize, provided that nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit npower’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not be limited by law.
14. All participants acknowledge that the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Twitter or Facebook.
15. Where applicable, entries must adhere to the terms and conditions set out by Facebook and Twitter, and also the npower house rules on posting content, to qualify
16. Winners may be required to participate in publicity related to the Competition which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media or social media.
17. Personal data supplied during the course of this promotion will be processed in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment and delivery of the Prizes.
18. These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Competition or these Terms and Conditions.