The Warm Response Service
npower's Warm Response Service may be able to offer you some extra help. Please let us know if you're in poor health, you're over 60 or if you have a disability, as you may be able to benefit from some of the services available.
- Large print, Braille or audio bills and other correspondence if you are hard of hearing or have problems with your eyesight.
- A password scheme - if we need to call at your house the caller will use a password of your choice so that you can verify their identity, giving you peace of mind.
- If you, and everyone in your household, is unable to read your meter, we can arrange to have your meter read every quarter.
- If English isn’t your first language, we can arrange for an interpreter to help you when you contact us.
- We can arrange to send all correspondence to a third party, such as a relative or carer, if you find it difficult to deal with it yourself.
Please complete our online Warm Response Service Application form.
Free Gas Safety Check
In addition if you are an npower gas customer you may be eligible for a free gas safety check. You will qualify if you own your own home, have not had a gas safety check carried out in the last 12 months, are on a means-tested benefit and either you:
- live in a household where at least one of the occupants is under five years old; or,
of pensionable age, disabled or chronically sick and either you:
- Live alone; or
- Live with others all of whom are either of pensionable age, or disabled, or chronically sick, or under 18 years.
If you live in rented accommodation, it’s your landlord’s duty to ensure an annual gas safety check is done - for further details visit: Landlords. A guide to landlords' duties: Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 (PDF, 259KB)
If you have any other needs we can help with, please let us know - especially if you use any equipment at home that needs a continuous supply of electricity like a stair lift or a bath hoist.
For more information and to find out what services are available, contact the Warm Response Line on telephone 0808 172 6999* or textphone 0800 413 016*.
*Lines are open from 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 5pm Saturday. Calls may be monitored or recorded for training and security purposes. Calls to 0808 and 0800 numbers are free from landlines but not from mobiles. Calls to 0845 number from BT landlines will be charged up to 5p per minute. The price of calls may vary with other operators. Please check with your operator for exact charges.
The Spreading Warmth Programme was awarded a 'Big Tick' from the Business In The Community Awards for market innovation.
European Utility Award
The Spreading Warmth Programme won a European Utility Award in the category of Customer Excellence.
npower has been awarded the prestigious CommunityMark award from the Business In The Community.