The Warm Response Service
Our Warm Response Service may be able to offer you extra assistance. Let us know if you're in poor health, are over 60 or if you have a disability, and some of our services may be able help.
These include large print, Braille or audio bills and other correspondence if you are hard of hearing or have problems with your eyesight.
- Contact us by minicom or textphone if you’re hard of hearing
- A password scheme - we’ll use a password of your choice when we call, giving you peace of mind
- Have your meter read every quarter if you’re not able to do it
- Use of an interpreter if English isn’t your first language
- Correspondence sent to a third party if necessary
Just fill out our Warm Response Service Application form.
For more information, contact the Warm Response Line on telephone 0808 172 6999 or textphone 0800 413 016 (View opening times and call charge information).
Free Gas Safety Check
You may also be eligible for a free gas safety check. You could qualify if you own your own home, haven’t had a gas safety check carried out in the last 12 months or are on a means-tested benefit and you:
- Live in a household where at least one of the occupants is under five years old; or,
- Are of pensionable age, disabled or chronically sick and either you:
- Live alone; or
- Live with others all of whom are either of pensionable age, or disabled, or chronically sick, or under 18 years.
If you live in rented accommodation, it’s your landlord’s duty to ensure an annual gas safety check is done - for further details visit: Landlords. A guide to landlords' duties: Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 (PDF, 259KB)
If you have any other needs we can help with, please let us know - especially if you use any equipment at home that needs a continuous supply of electricity like a stair lift or a bath hoist.
Please complete our online Warm Response Service Application form.
For more information and to find out what services are available, contact the Warm Response Line on telephone 0808 172 6999 or textphone 0800 413 016 (View opening times and call charge information).