Our Warm Home Discount
What is the Warm Home Discount?
The government and energy suppliers are running a scheme to help households in England, Scotland and Wales who need it most to get a rebate from their electricity bill.
If you are eligible the Warm Home Discount will offer you a benefit of £140 (Inclusive of VAT) against your electricity bill in 2016/17.
The Warm Home Discount is split into two groups, the ‘Broader group’ and the ‘Core Group’
You qualify for the Broader group if you receive:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- A gross annual household income less than £16,190
This also includes:
- Child Tax Credit
- Disabled Child Premium or Element
- A disability premium, enhanced disability premium or severe disability premium
- Disability Living Allowance (For an adult or child within the household) or Personal Independence Payments (PIP)
- Long term Incapacity Benefit
- Child Tax Credit that includes a disability or severe disability element, a child under five living with them, or a disabled child premium – However it is likely they are also already in receipt of Child Tax Credit
To apply for the Broader Group Warm Home Discount you need to show evidence that you qualify and do this regularly to keep receiving the discount on a yearly basis.
You may be required to provide further written evidence of eligibility before getting a rebate in any scheme year.
To apply please call 0808 172 6999 or apply online.
You qualify for the Broader group if:
- Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit (even if you get Savings Credit as well)
How does it work?
If you’re eligible we’ll give you an annual payment into your electricity account. If you’re a prepayment customer, we’ll send you the discount as Post Office vouchers.