npower's Warm Home Discount
What is the Warm Home Discount?
The government and energy suppliers are running a scheme to help households in England, Scotland and Wales who need it most to get a rebate from their electricity bill.
If you are eligible the Warm Home Discount will offer you a benefit of £140 (Inclusive of VAT) against your electricity bill in 2015/16.
The Warm Home Discount is split into two groups, the ‘Broader group’ and the ‘Core Group’
You are eligible for the Broader Group Warm Home Discount if you are in receipt of any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Universal Credit
- Or your gross annual household income is less than £16,190
and you are also in receipt of one of the following:
- Have Parental responsibility for a child aged 5 or under*
- Child Tax Credit
- Disabled Child Premium or Element
- Disability, Enhanced Disability or Severe Disability Premiums
- Disability Living Allowance (For an adult or child within the household) or Personal Independence Payments (PIP)
- Long term Incapacity Benefit
- Pensioner Premium, Higher Pensioner Premium or Enhanced Pensioner Premium
*To qualify for the Warm Home Discount Broader Group your child must have been under the age of 5 at any point between 1st April 2015 and 31st March 2016
To apply for the Broader Group Warm Home Discount you will be required to provide a declaration that you meet the eligibility criteria of the scheme, and in order to continue receiving the discount on an annual basis you will be required to reapply and provide further declarations.
You may also be required (in addition to the declaration referred to above) to provide further written documentary evidence of eligibility before receiving a rebate in any scheme year.
To apply please call 0808 172 6999 or apply online.
You are eligible for the Core Group Warm Home Discount if on the qualifying date you are receiving the:
- Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit (even if you get Savings Credit as well)
If you are eligible for the Core Group Warm Home Discount the Department for Work and Pensions will contact you directly over the winter of 2015/16.
How will I receive my discount?
As a pre-payment customer you will receive your £140 rebate as a Post Office voucher, which you can then take to any branch of the Post Office and use to top-up your pre-payment key
You will receive your £140 discount as a line on your bill. If you receive a bill close to the payment period during March or April which doesn't show your rebate you will receive it on your following bill.