npower's Warm Home Discount
What is the Warm Home Discount?
The government and energy suppliers are running a scheme to help households in England, Scotland and Wales who need it most to get a rebate from their electricity bill.
The Warm Home Discount offers eligible npower customers an annual benefit of £135 (Inclusive of VAT) on their electricity bill in 2013/14. The Warm Home Discount is split into two groups, the ‘Broader group’ and the ‘Core Group’
npower customers are eligible for the Broader Group Warm Home Discount if they are in receipt of any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
Who also have any of following:
- Child Tax Credit
- a disability premium, enhanced disability premium or sever disability premium
- Disability Living Allowance (For an adult or child within the household)
- Long term Incapacity Benefit
- In addition if anyone has Child Tax Credit that includes a disability or severe disability element, a child under five living with them, or a disabled child premium – However it is likely they are also already in receipt of Child Tax Credit
To apply for the Broader Group Warm Home Discount you will be required to provide a declaration that you meet the eligibility criteria of the scheme, and to continue receiving the discount on an annual basis will be required to provide further declarations.
You may be required to provide further written documentary evidence of eligibility before receiving a rebate in any scheme year.
To apply please call 0808 172 6999.
npower customers are eligible for the Core Group Warm Home Discount if on the qualifying date you are either:
- 75 or over and getting the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit
- under 75 and only getting the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit (you won’t qualify if you also get Saving Credit)
If you are eligible for the Core Group Warm Home Discount the Department for Work and Pensions will contact you directly over the winter of 2013/14.
How does it work?
The annual benefit will be given to customers as a payment to their electricity account each year.
Pre-payment customers will receive the discount through Post Office vouchers which will be sent to you