Values and Behaviours
Our success as a business cannot be measured solely by our financial performance and we recognise that our reputation for conducting business with integrity and respect is equally critical.
As well as having the right structure and processes in place, it is important that our people focus on ‘what’ they do and ‘how’ they do it; we need to behave in ways that support us to be effective and competitive and make the experience of working together one which people want to be a part of. As a result, we have identified seven key Critical Behaviours, which are aligned to the RWE values, to guide and inform the way we work.
These Critical Behaviours are:
1. Focus – prioritising where time and resources are spent
2. Challenge – improving the outcome by giving and receiving ideas
3. Accountability – giving and taking responsibility for our actions
4. Driving performance – delivering on our promises
5. Customer first – getting it right for our customers
6. Respect – treating colleagues with integrity and dignity
7. Collaboration – working together to achieve better results quicker
During 2011, our Critical Behaviours were embedded into our business through a cultural change programme which included a series of interactive workshops for all people managers. This helped to build awareness and understanding of and involvement in the Critical Behaviours so that they become an integral part of the way we do things here at RWE npower.
During 2012, we aligned our standard policies and processes, including our performance management policy and supporting system, our resourcing processes and systems and our people development interventions, with the Critical Behaviours.