npower Climate Cops Green Fingers' Teacher Zone
Journey two: energy to grow
‘Energy to grow’ will introduce pupils to the topic of plants. Through four different activities pupils will explore what plants are, the natural energy a plant needs to grow and how to care for a plant on a daily basis.
They will also get the chance to develop their skills of enquiry by observing and recording the different outcomes of their own growing experiment.
To access all the different elements of this resource, just click on the links below:
- Teacher notes 2 (PDF)
- Pupil activity sheet 5: plant labeling (PDF)
- Pupil activity sheet 6: what do plants need? (PDF)
- Pupil activity sheet 7: get growing checklist (PDF)
- Pupil activity sheet 8: let’s grow (PDF)
- Let’s grow interactive flash quiz
- PowerPoint presentation: energy to grow
- Downloadable poster: The Power of the Earth’s Natural Energy
We’d like to hear from you!
We are really interested to know what you think about the npower Climate Cops Green Fingers resource. Please take the opportunity to feed your comments back to us by clicking here.
N.B. To play the drag and drop games on this PowerPoint presentation, please 'save' the file first of all.