npower Climate Cops Green Fingers’ Teacher Zone
Journey three: energy from the sun
‘Energy from the sun’ will introduce pupils to the full extent of the sun’s natural energy. Through four different activities pupils will explore how to harness the sun’s energy, how the sun creates heat, how energy from the sun enables plants to grow and how a greenhouse uses the sun’s energy to help plants grow faster.
Pupils will also get the chance to monitor how quickly plants grow through a bean growing experiment.
To access all the different elements of this resource, just click on the links below:
- Teacher notes 3 (PDF)
- Pupil activity sheet 9: seed to plant dance (PDF)
- Pupil activity sheet 10: speedy beany (PDF)
- Pupil activity sheet 11: hot, hot heat (PDF)
- Pupil activity sheet 12: Little Green Fingers mini greenhouse (PDF)
- Video guide 2: Make your own Little Green Fingers mini greenhouse
- The balance of natural energy interactive flash game
- PowerPoint presentation: energy from the sun
- Downloadable poster: The Power of the Earth’s Natural Energy
We’d like to hear from you!
We are really interested to know what you think about the npower Climate Cops Green Fingers resource. Please take the opportunity to feed your comments back to us by clicking here.
N.B. To play the drag and drop games on this PowerPoint presentation, please 'save' the file first of all.