npower Climate Cops Green Fingers’ Teacher Zone
Journey one: energy to begin
‘Energy to begin’ will introduce pupils to the topic of seeds.
Through four different activities pupils will explore what seeds are, how they disperse using wind energy and the elements of natural energy they need for germination. They will also get the chance to take part in a fun growing experiment of their own.
To access all the different elements of this resource, just click on the links below:
- Teacher notes 1 (PDF)
- Pupil activity sheet 1: what will this seed be? (PDF)
- Pupil activity sheet 2: make a plasticine seed parachute (PDF)
- Pupil activity sheet 3: Tommy the Tomato seed (PDF)
- Pupil activity sheet 4: mung bean mania (PDF)
- Seed dispersal interactive flash game
- Powerpoint presentation: energy to begin
- Downloadable poster: The power of the Earth's Natural Energy
We'd like to hear from you!
We are really interested to know what you think about the npower Climate Cops Green Fingers resource. Please take the opportunity to feed your comments back to us by clicking here.
N.B. To play the drag and drop games on this PowerPoint presentation, please 'save' the file first of all.