Whether you're with npower already and want to take us with you to your new property, or you’ve moved into a new property and want to join npower, we're here to help. Just follow these simple steps and we’ll help you to move your npower energy to your new home.
What do I need to do?
- Call us no more than 10 days before you move
- We'll need you to give us:
- Your old and new addresses, including postcodes
- Your npower account numbers, if you're an existing npower customer
- Closing meter readings for your current property and if possible for the property that you're moving into for each fuel
- Your moving out and moving in dates
- Your bank details - if you'd like to pay by direct debit, you could get up to £100 annual discount
- A contact telephone number
- Details of who owns the property – in particular if it's rented, please let us know if there is a landlord, letting agent or anyone else who may be responsible for the property
Getting the best from npower
Moving home is a great opportunity to make sure that you're getting the best from npower. There are a few changes that you can make to your account to get discounts and make your bills accurate and easier to deal with. Some of the great options we offer are:
- Pay by Direct Debit - you could get up to £100 a year discount and spread the costs evenly. Never forget to pay a bill again! If you already pay by this way don’t lose your discount, take it with you! As long as your new address is already supplied by npower you can continue to earn your discount at your new home.
- View your bills online - 24/7 access to your bills, never lose your paperwork and get access to special offers online.
- Meter Read Reminders - we’ll send you an email when a meter reading is due. That way, we won’t need to send you an estimated bill which means your bills will be more accurate.
Frequently asked questions
Your annual discount: If you pay by Direct Debit continuously for 12 months (either by making monthly payments or by settling your quarterly bill in full by variable Direct Debit) we’ll give you a discount off your bill (£100 if you buy both electricity and gas, £50 if you buy just gas or £40 if you buy just electricity). Alternatively, if you pay for both fuels for 12 months by cash or cheque, either when you receive your quarterly bill or by regular monthly or fortnightly payments, we’ll give you a £10 Dual Fuel discount. Your discount will be credited to your account on or before the last day of the 12th month after becoming eligible and then on or before the same last day of each year you continue to pay this way. Dual fuel customers must pay for both fuels in one combined payment and accept a combined dual fuel bill or statement to receive a Dual Fuel discount. Certain tariffs are excluded. Subject to change.
Phone calls: Calling us on a 0800 number is normally free when you call from a landline but charges may vary if you use a mobile. Calling us on a 0330 number will cost you no more than 01 or 02 numbers from landlines or mobiles. If you get ‘inclusive minutes' with your package, calls on a 0330 number will be part of these.