You could get a free gas safety check with npower
Am I eligible for a free gas safety check?
We offer a free annual gas safety check for some customers. To qualify you need to be an existing customer, Own your own home (or live in rented accommodation where your landlord isn’t legally responsible for arranging a gas safety check), haven’t had a gas safety check in the last 12 months, be on a means-tested benefit and either:
- live in a household where at least one of the occupants is under five years old; or
- are of pensionable age, disabled or chronically sick and either you:
- Live alone
- Live with others who are all either of pensionable age, or disabled, or chronically sick or under 18 years.
We recognise that sometimes you may need extra help. If you're already a customer you might be eligible to receive additional support through our Priority Services. It's free to join, and once you’re a member there are lots of helpful services including support with your communication, safety and access needs. For more details on our free gas safety check, and more information about how we may be able to help with your energy needs, visit our Priority Services page.Check your eligibility
If Your Gas Appliance is Unsafe
If our engineer finds that a gas appliance is unsafe, the’ll condemn it for your safety and recommend you contact a Gas Safe-registered engineer to repair or replace it. We’ll also give you advice on the options available for repairing or replacing any appliances that are found to be unsafe.
If you live in rented accommodation, it’s your landlord's duty to make sure an annual gas safety check is carried out - for further details visit: www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg285.pdf
For more information you can:
- Read our Priority Services section
- Call the npower Priority Services Team on: 0808 172 6999 or 0330 100 8669 (view call charge information).