You May Be Entitled to a Free Gas Safety Check
If you're already a customer, over 60, chronically sick, disabled, or have sight or hearing difficulties, you can join our Warm Response Service. It's free, and once you’re a member there are lots of helpful services.
We’re committed to customer service and offer a free annual gas safety check - you’ll qualify if you're an existing customer, own your own home, haven’t had a gas safety check in the last 12 months, are on a means-tested benefit and either you:
- live in a household where at least one of the occupants is under five years old; or
- are of pensionable age, disabled or chronically sick and either you:
- Live alone
- Live with others who are all either of pensionable age, or disabled, or chronically sick or under 18 years.
If Your Gas Appliance is Unsafe
If our engineer finds that a gas appliance is unsafe, the’ll condemn it for your safety and recommend you contact a Gas Safe-registered engineer to repair or replace it. We’ll also give you advice on the options available for repairing or replacing any appliances that are found to be unsafe.
If you live in rented accommodation, it’s your landlord's duty to make sure an annual gas safety check is carried out - for further details visit: www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg285.pdf
For more information you can:
- Download our Free Gas Safety Check booklet (PDF, 1.5MB)
- Read more about it in our Warm Response Service section
- Call the npower Warm Response Team on: 0808 172 6999 or 0330 100 8669 (view call charge information).
Call Charge Information
We may monitor and/or record calls for security, quality or training purposes. Calling us on an 0808 number should be free from all mobiles and generally free from all landlines. Calling us on a 0330 number will cost you no more than 01 or 02 numbers from landlines or mobiles. If you get ‘inclusive minutes’ with your package, calls to a 0330 number will be part of theseClose dialog window