Home Energy Saving Improvements
Helping you create a warmer home with FREE improvements or the Green Deal
The UK government has launched an exciting new scheme which aims to encourage people to make their homes warmer and more energy efficient. Homeowners, landlords and tenants could benefit. People who meet certain eligibility criteria may qualify for FREE energy saving home improvements and for those who don’t, there’s an affordable way to make homes more energy efficient without having to pay all the costs upfront, through the Green Deal.
Energy Improvements Guide
Find out which option applies to you and what npower can offer you:
FREE energy saving improvements
If you meet certain eligibility criteria you may be entitled to receive free energy saving improvements.
- You could qualify if you receive certain benefits or live in a defined area
- Get a new high efficiency boiler or have your home insulated with cavity wall or loft insulation, depending on what is recommended for you
- Enjoy a warmer home and you could also make savings on your energy bills
More about FREE home improvements
The Green Deal
If you’re not eligible for free improvements, you may be able to apply for a Green Deal Plan which will allow you to pay for recommended energy saving improvements via instalments added to your electricity bill.
- Pay-As-You-Save – the estimated financial savings should be equal to, or greater than, the costs attached to your electricity bill
- Only pay whilst you benefit – if you move and are no longer paying the property’s electricity bill, responsibility for the Green Deal repayments will pass to the new bill payer as part of the arrangement with them.
More about the Green Deal