Cookie use on npower.com
What are cookies?
Some functionality on npower websites may not work when viewed with your browser set to have cookies disabled. In particular, you will not be able to complete product purchases or manage your account
For further information on cookies and how you can control how these are used, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Session cookies are used by us to recognise a user throughout a visit. This enables us to remember information that you have entered, for example, the product you have selected during a purchase which can then be used at each stage of processing your purchase. Session cookies are also used to remember you when you log in for the duration of your visit.
- npower.com: ASP.NET_SessionId
Cookies enable us to identify which type of advertising results in sales. This means that we are able to tailor our marketing more effectively. Also, where brokers and affiliates promote npower which then results in a sale, it enables them to identify which of their users has made a purchase on npower.com.
- 360tag.com: t1 (session cookie): This is a cookie test, to see whether a user's browser accepts cookies
- 360tag.com: tid (permanent cookie): UserID used to uniquely identify a user for the purposes of reporting and bid management
- 360tag.com: sguid (session cookie): Used to identify the user's session
- 360tag.com: 360lvs: (permanent cookie): Used to identify the users last traffic source
- DFA Floodlight tags: Track user journey and conversion on website from online media
- Criteo Tags: Track user journey on website and retarget them with display advertising
- Dart Natural Search tag: Used to identify the users last traffic source
Website analytics enables us to see how people use our website. This gives us the information to be able to make improvements, to make the site easier to use and based on the areas of the site people find most useful.
- npower.com: WT_FPC: Visitor identification, sessionization
- npower.com: WT_DC: SmartView Transition Page Tracking
- statse.webtrendslive.com: ACOOKIE: Visitor identification, sessionization
We test different versions of parts of the site before we finalise changes to ensure that any improvements make the site easier to use for our customers. Cookies help us to track how a user progresses through sections of the website that we are testing.
- ots.optimize.webtrends.com: _wt.activeSplit: Identifies which Optimize split test the visitor is in
- ots.optimize.webtrends.com: _wt.mode: Identifies what state the Optimize test/target is in (staging/active/complete).
- ots.optimize.webtrends.com: _wt.user: Optimize test/target information, and Optimize visitor identifier
- ots.optimize.webtrends.com: _wt.control: Optimize test/target information
- ots.optimize.webtrends.com: _wt.conversion: Supports conversion event tracking in Optimize
FAQs, search and Live Chat:
We have partners that provide our FAQs, site search and Live Chat functionality. Cookies are used to remember a user during a visit so that we can see which features our users find most useful.
- customerservices.npower.com: cp_session: Store session specific user data including the following:
- customerservices.npower.com: cp_profile: User profile token so that the server can identify a user
- customerservices.npower.com: cp_login_start: Temporary cookie to check if cookies are enabled
- customerservices.npower.com: oauth_token: Used as an authentication token when users use oauth login