We're bringing prices down
- Good news for npower customers. From 28th February 2014, we're bringing the price of energy down for our domestic customers who received a price increase in December 2013. We're also passing on an additional one off £12 (inc VAT) customer rebate following a recent Government policy change.
- Typically, this means that if your npower prices went up on 1st December 2013 you’ll see your annual energy bill come down by £50 (inc VAT, based on a typical average dual fuel customer). The changes to our prices will come into effect on 28th February 2014.
- All electricity customers (including those on a fixed term fixed price tariff) will receive the one off rebate of £12 (inc VAT) in the Autumn of 2014.
Simpler, clearer energy bills
- You asked us for more clarity on your energy bills and we responded by making them simpler, clearer and much easier to understand.
- From now on, all our customers will be receiving new no-nonsense, clutter-free energy bills.
- At a glance you'll be able to see how much energy you're using, what you're paying for and whether you're on the right tariff.
Keep track of your bills with our Energy Tracker
- Track and forecast your energy usage - See how much energy you've used, and predict what you're going to use, so there'll be no nasty surprises when your bill is due.
- Review your energy consumption - Compare how much energy you used last year to see if you could save energy and money.
- Keep your bills more accurate - Submit your meter readings each month to automatically update your energy tracker and ensure you only pay for the energy you use.
Help saving money on your energy bills
You've told us you want help saving money on your energy bills – that's why our team of experts has put together online energy saving advice.Read our top tips
FREE energy saving improvements with ECO
You could save money on your fuel bills with FREE improvements such as loft insulation, cavity wall insulation, or a new boiler if you meet certain eligibility criteria. The ECO scheme eligibility criteria is based on:
- The government benefits you or someone living in your home receive.
- The type of house you live in.
- Your postcode.
- You must also own or privately rent your own home to qualify.
Affordable, reliable boiler and central heating care
Our boiler and central heating care plans look after your boiler to keep it performing at its best.
With a 24/7 UK based helpline and unlimited call outs, should anything go wrong this winter, or at any time of year, one of our Gas Safe registered engineers will be on hand to help.
Subject to eligibility. Only available in mainland UK. Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. No repairs can be carried out in the first 14 days. Unlimited call outs: Provided that the boiler is not beyond economic repair. Some of our care products may require payment of a fixed fee for each call out made.More about our care plans