npower corporate responsibility
We don't make a great song and dance about it because our record speaks for itself:
- Corporate charity partners with Macmillan Cancer support. We have already raised over £1 million in a bid to make a real difference to people living with cancer in the UK.
- Generators of green energy from our own wind farms and hydroelectric schemes and a market leader in the search for renewable energy
- Ranked 14th out of the top UK companies in the 2005 BitC Corporate Responsibility Index, "Top Companies that Count"
- Member of the Percent Club, investing over 1% of pre-tax profits in the community
- Runners of the 'Health through Warmth' initiative, helping the most vulnerable and needy households stay warm at critical times.
- Teaching thousands of schoolchildren all about the origin of energy and how to use it responsibly
For more information about npower's corporate responsibility please read about the work we do in the community.