Renewable energy for business
A new way to secure the benefits of renewable power, with electricity backed by Renewable Electricity Guarantee of Origin (REGO) certificates
Many businesses are keen to demonstrate sustainable credentials by purchasing renewable energy. Others need to prove renewable status as part of their supply chain requirements.
But since renewable energy ceased to be exempt from the Climate Change Levy, it’s no longer possible to evidence this via Levy Exemption Certificates.
So unless you generate on site or have a direct link to a renewable generator, a simpler way is to match the power you consume with the equivalent volume of renewable power supplied to the grid.
At npower Business Solutions, we can arrange this on your behalf by securing Renewable Electricity Guarantee of Origin (REGO) certificates for the equivalent electricity volume you consume.
These certificates are issued for every megawatt hour of renewable generation fed into the grid, so can be an effective way to demonstrate your renewable credentials.
With our REGO-backed renewable energy, your consumption is only ever matched with certificates generated before the month of your actual consumption rather than after, to provide a more reflective match than other suppliers may offer.
- Your electricity is matched with the same volume of renewable energy supplied to the grid
- Each megawatt-hour is evidenced by a Renewable Electricity Guarantee of Origin (REGO) certificate
- Your electricity will never be matched with certificates generated after the month of your actual consumption
- Available for both fixed or flexible supply contracts
- An easy way to benefit from renewable generation
- REGO certificates help you to demonstrate renewable credentials
- Consumption matching in a tighter time frame provides a more transparent and reflective association