A simple, secure and cost-effective way to access the wholesale energy market
If you want to take advantage of electricity price changes in the energy market, but don’t have the time, expertise or resource to manage a traditional flexible contract, then Flex: Begin could be ideal for you.
The UK’s first-ever self-service energy transaction platform for mid-market-size customers open/close
Flex: Begin makes it quick, easy and cost-effective to transact electricity at wholesale-market-reflective prices. It does this via a secure web-based tool that facilitates online transactions, so you never need to pick up the phone. The platform can be tailored to your individual energy requirements and risk management profile, enabling you to then easily take advantage of multiple transacting opportunities throughout your contract.
A simplified multiple fixed-price contract
For fixed electricity customers who are seeking more flexibility open/close
This works by offering, for example, a two-year contract that’s set up as four six-month blocks for you to transact at a time and when the price suits you. Price alerts provide protection against a rising or falling market to help you remain within your budget. For simplicity, all non-commodity costs are also fixed upfront (for import customers).
A tailored flex contract
Aimed at fixed electricity customers wanting to make the transition to flex open/close
Also for existing flex customers who want a quick, easy and more cost-effective way to manage their contract. This can be as simple – or as complex – as you want, and allows you to work to your own risk management strategy, with regular market intelligence to guide you.
Flex: Begin can also be used by consultants on behalf of their electricity clients, which can support the more efficient and faster management of multi-client portfolios.
- A secure way to make electricity transactions online
- A dynamic dashboard layout with information you can tailor to your needs
- For supply customers, complete visibility of both your commodity and projected non-commodity costs through a budget tool that tracks both elements
- A visual display of all your energy transaction requirements in one place – so you can easily see what you have transacted (closed), what you need to transact (open) and any price alerts (warnings)
- Open and closed positions able to view against live npower prices
- Ability to set price alerts to monitor market movement to keep your cost aligned to your budget
- Option for supply customers to fix non-commodity costs upfront
- A simplified structure that brings the benefits of flexible electricity transacting without the complexity
- A cost-effective route to accessing wholesale market-reflective prices
- Access your portfolio and market data online 24/7
- A time-saving and easy-to-use self-service platform
- Pricing parameters that help you feel secure about staying within budget
- Complete transparency to track exactly what you are spending and where
- Fuel: Electricity (supply and generation)
- Minimum annual volume: 2 GWh